|Dobrodošli pod lipo!
- Stran je namenjena splošnim razpravam in vprašanjem glede različnih vidikov Slovenskega Wikislovarja.
Preden zastavite vprašanje, prosimo, preglejte arhivirane teme. Tu ga objavite šele, če v arhivu ne najdete ustreznega odgovora.
Pri objavi komentarjev se prosimo podpišite: uporabite --~~~~ ali kliknite ikono za podpis v urejevalni vrstici.
Lexicographical data is now available on Wikidata[uredi]
Sorry for writing in English. Feel free to translate the content of this message below.
After several years discussing about it, and one year of development and discussion with the communities, the development team of Wikimedia Germany has now released the first version of lexicographical data support on Wikidata.
Since the start of Wikidata in 2012, the multilingual knowledge base was mainly focused on concepts: Q-items are related to a thing or an idea, not to the word describing it. Starting now, Wikidata stores a new type of data: words, phrases and sentences, in many languages, described in many languages. This information will be stored in new types of entities, called Lexemes, Forms and Senses.
The goal of lexicographical data on Wikidata is to provide a structured and machine-readable way to describe words and phrases in multiple languages, stored in a same place, reusable under CC-0. In the near future, this data will be available for Wiktionaries and other projects to reuse, as much as you want to.
For now, we’re at the first steps of this project: the new data structure has been released on Wikidata, and we’re looking for people to try it, and give us feedback on what is working or not. Participating to this project is the opportunity for you to have a voice in it, to make sure that your needs and requests are taken in account very early in the process, and to start populating Wikidata with words in your language!
Here’s how you can try lexicographical data on Wikidata:
- First of all, if you’re not familiar with the data model, I encourage you to have a look at the documentation page. If you’re not familiar with Wikidata at all, I suggest this page as a start point.
- You can also look at the Lexemes that already exists (search features will be improved in the future).
- When you feel ready to create a word, go on d:Special:NewLexeme.
- If some properties that you need are missing, you can suggest them on this page (if you’re not sure how to do it, just let a message on the talk page and someone will help you).
- The main discussion page is d:Wikidata:Lexicographical data. Here, you can ask for help, suggest ways to organize the data, but also leave feedback: if you encounter any bug or issue, let us know. We’re looking especially to know what are the most important features for you to be worked on next.
In any case, feel free to contact me if you have a question or problem, I’ll be very happy to help.
Cheers, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 14:20, 23. maj 2018 (CEST)
Wiktionary Cognate Dashboard[uredi]
Screenshot of the Hub view
Sorry for writing this message in English. Feel free to help translate it below.
A few months ago, we asked you for feedback about Cognate, the system allowing interwikilinks between Wiktionaries (on main namespace). Several community members gave some suggestions, one of them was to provide statistics about these interwikilinks.
The Wikidata team is pleased to present you the Wiktionary Cognate Dashboard, a website presenting a lot of interesting information about how Wiktionaries are connected to each others. You can find there, for example:
- the most interlinked Wiktionary entries not having a page on your Wiktionary
- the number of interlinks between each possible pair of Wiktionaries
- visualizations of the relationships between different Wiktionaries
To learn more about the tool, you can have a look at the documentation (please help us translating it in your language!). The interface of the tool itself can also be translated in other languages by using this page.
If you find a bug, please let a comment on this Phabricator task or ping me onwiki. Thanks a lot, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 15:08, 14. avgust 2018 (CEST)
Razvrščanje po abecedi v kategorijah[uredi]
Na Wikipediji sem odprl razpravo Razvrščanje po abecedi v kategorijah. Gre za vprašanje spremenitve jezikovnih nastavitev razvrščanja v vseh slovenskih wikiprojektih. Čeprav se nastavitve nanašajo na vsak wikiprojekt posebej, se mi je zdelo dobro, da razprava poteka na enem mestu. Vabljeni torej pod tamkajšnjo lipo h komentiranju. --Janezdrilc (pogovor) 16:04, 13. junij 2019 (CEST)
Update on the consultation about office actions[uredi]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 10:03, 16. avgust 2019 (CEST)
New tools and IP masking[uredi]
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
16:19, 21. avgust 2019 (CEST)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[uredi]
In a recent statement, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees requested that staff hold a consultation to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians to join this consultation and give their feedback from 30 September to 30 October.
How can you help?
- Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
- Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
- Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
-- Kbrown (WMF) 19:14, 30. september 2019 (CEST)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[uredi]
Please help translate to your language
Pozdravljeni. The Readers Web team at the WMF will work on some improvements to the desktop interface over the next couple of years. The goal is to increase usability without removing any functionality. We have been inspired by changes made by volunteers, but that currently only exist as local gadgets and user scripts, prototypes, and volunteer-led skins. We would like to begin the process of bringing some of these changes into the default experience on all Wikimedia projects.
We are currently in the research stage of this project and are looking for ideas for improvements, as well as feedback on our current ideas and mockups. So far, we have performed interviews with community members at Wikimania. We have gathered lists of previous volunteer and WMF work in this area. We are examining possible technical approaches for such changes.
We would like individual feedback on the following:
- Identifying focus areas for the project we have not yet discovered
- Expanding the list of existing gadgets and user scripts that are related to providing a better desktop experience. If you can think of some of these from your wiki, please let us know
- Feedback on the ideas and mockups we have collected so far
We would also like to gather a list of wikis that would be interested in being test wikis for this project - these wikis would be the first to receive the updates once we’re ready to start building.
When giving feedback, please consider the following goals of the project:
- Make it easier for readers to focus on the content
- Provide easier access to everyday actions (e.g. search, language switching, editing)
- Put things in logical and useful places
- Increase consistency in the interface with other platforms - mobile web and the apps
- Eliminate clutter
- Plan for future growth
As well as the following constraints:
- Not touching the content - no work will be done in terms of styling templates or to the structure of page contents themselves
- Not removing any functionality - things might move around, but all navigational items and other functionality currently available by default will remain
- No drastic changes to the layout - we're taking an evolutionary approach to the changes and want the site to continue feeling familiar to readers and editors
Please give all feedback (in any language) at mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements
After this round of feedback, we plan on building a prototype of suggested changes based on the feedback we receive. You’ll hear from us again asking for feedback on this prototype.
Hvala! Quiddity (WMF) (talk)
09:15, 16. oktober 2019 (CEST)